So you finally decided to move to China. You scored a job, or found the university, or are just looking to experience China for a while. What’s next? What do you need to do so you can relocate yourself in China smoothly? What does it take to get settled ‘on the other side of the world’?
If you are lucky your new employer will help you with moving to China, making arrangements for everything that’s needed to move you from your old home, to your new home. But in some situations this won’t be taken care of, that’s where Move to China comes in.
On this part of the website you’ll find everything you need to know when you are moving to China, from visa information to finding houses/apartments to good and bad neighborhoods to live in. You’re probably wondering whether or not the Chinese landlords can speak English, or if you need to put your (newly acquired) Chinese skills to the test.
I’ll be putting up information on where to find adverts for houses, how the Chinese estate agents work and things to look out for when you are visiting your future house/apartment/room.
This part of the website will function as a checklist for all the things you need to take (or leave behind) when you are moving to china. I suggest you also look at the Life in China section of this website, which has information on many aspects of daily life in China. This should help you a lot with deciding on the things you want to take (i.e. medicine).
For more information click on the links below:
- Visa for China - Find out what kind of visa you need
- Buying or Renting in China – Should you be buying a house or look into renting one?
- Moving to China? Here are some tips – Read some tips on things you should know when you are moving to China
- Where to move to in China – Decide if you want to move to a big city, or rather a more local city where you might be the first expat!
- Settling in China – Find out some tips on getting settled in China easier and quicker.